Hello beautiful Bride! How is all the wedding planning going?
We know it can be a slightly busy time, so each month we are going to be sharing our favourite invitation designs with you, in a bid to take the weight off your mind looking for the initial concept.
Agreeing the look and style of your wedding invitations is one of the very first impressions you will give to your guests. Invitations represent your wedding day vibe and style as a whole; acting as a prelude to the big day.
That means you need to have a serious think about what you want your wedding invitations to say. How do you want them to feel, look, or even do!
Is ‘less is more’ your personality, or are you looking for the next big thing in terms of materials, textures or design?
To kick-off proceedings, Front Row Bride is going to be showcasing our favourite design idea each month! (high-fives all round)
We start this month with the Royal Seal. Imagine creating your very own wax seal, emblazoned with your own initials or names. A pretty cool thought, right? We’ve searched high and low for our favourite ideas, to create you a mini-mood board below!
A step-by-step guide to creating your own wax seal;
- Agree with your Mr. Right / Mrs. Right what you want your wax seal to say. Is it initials, your wedding date, or a favourite word?
- Agree your colour scheme for the wax seal
- Decide on your paper colour, texture and thickness too, so that it contrasts the wax seal nicely
- Find a trusted, reliable supplier who has experience in creating these type of wedding invitations. Preferably local so you can pay them a visit and pick-up samples easily
- Failing this, Etsy offer some great options. Click here. Or here.
- If you are stamping the wax yourself, be sure to practice a few times first (maybe even request some extra seals so you don’t waste any of the ones you need)
Our Fave Suppliers, Dorset
In the Know…
Finding the right suppliers on a local level can be quite taxing. Where to start? Who to trust? Will they interpret your brief correctly?
That’s why Front Row Bride is building a community of wedding suppliers who are handpicked and that we can vouch for.
Kicking off proceedings this month for wedding invitations is Emma Farwell Designs. Emma is a professional wedding stationery designer, based in Bournemouth, creating stationery for clients across Dorset, Hampshire and beyond. From Traditional, Rustic, Laser-cut, and Floral, she’s the recommend supplier of the Captain’s Club so it’s definitely worth visiting her website and seeing if she can create the master-piece you are looking for.
Above all, have fun! This is the start of your wedding journey.
All images: Courtesy of Pintrest
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading this month’s invitation inspiration. We can’t think of anything more elegant than creating your very own wax seal.
If you decide to create your own, we’d love to see. Be sure to tag your hard-work on Instagram so we can give you a shout out!
We are already planning our next round of invitation inspiration, so keep your eyes peeled!
Love FRB xx